Magento is back with another “Distributed Contribution Day” 2019
Posted in : Magento , Magento 2 , News on Date 25 Apr 2019
We all are aware of how fun-filled and interesting the last Distributed Contribution Day was. Well, it’s time to mark our calendars for the next.
On May 4th, 2019, Magento’s Distributed Contribution Day is going to happen in 8 different cities on the same day and at the same time. The cities witnessing this amazing event are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Pune.
Magento has come up with a great initiative this year; they have decided to donate the entire registration fee to the “Bharat Ke Veer” foundation as a token of generosity for the noble cause.
The objective of the day:
The Magento Contribution Day focuses on providing intensive workshops with Magento Community Engineering teams and giving you insight into Magento 2 development.
Organizing Companies are:
RanoSys, CedCommerce, AppseConnect, DCKAP, Netsmartz, Codilar, and Wagento.
Who can and should attend this event?
- Developers, agencies, eCommerce retailers
- Magento 2 enthusiasts
Why you should participate?
- Magento core team members will be there to solve your coding related issues
- You can contribute to Magento 2 directly
- Learn about Magento's best practices
- Interact with Magento developers for open Magento 2 issues
- Meet services providers, partners, and outsourcing services
- Connect with prospects to find business opportunities
- Present your products and/or services
What’s in it for you?
- Develop feature/improvement
- Create tests
- Do cross code reviews
- Run tests and check results
- Create and merge PRs
What you need to attend the meet?
- Working (Up and running) Magento 2 version with develop branch, forked and pulled from GitHub
- Debugger and IDE are up to you, the team uses xdebug and PHPStorm
- Active GitHub account
- Desire to make a contribution and have fun
Registration Link: https://www.meetmagento.in/distributed-contribution-day.html
Date: May 4th 2019
Locations: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Pune.
Please Note: Limited seats available in each location so entries will be selected based on Magento Experience.